Empanada Onion Stuffed with Mozzarella Cheese Friato
- 150 g Sliced Mozzarella Cheese Friato
- 2 medium onions
- 500 g of breadcrumbs
- 250 g of wheat flour
- 5 beaten eggs
- salt, pepper and oregano to taste
- frying oil
- Peel the onions and cut them into thick slices.
- Soak the onion slices in water for 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the water and assemble as follows: a slice of onion, a strip of mozzarella and another smaller slice.
- Do this with all the slices and set aside.
- In a container, place the breadcrumbs along with the seasonings and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- Coat all the stuffed onions in wheat flour.
- Finally, pass them first in the egg and then in the seasoned breadcrumbs. Repeat this process to give the breading an extra crunch.
- Fry them in very hot oil until golden. Let them rest on paper towels for a few minutes to remove excess oil.
- Serve with sauces to accompany and enjoy!